Luxury Villa: WAI’ULA’ULA ESTATE
** The pool at Wai’ula’ula Amenities Center will be resurfaced from September 8th, 2020 – October 1, 2020. During this time, the pool, spa and children’s pool will not be accessible. Draining the pool will start the evening of September 7, 2020. The fitness room and BBQ area will be accessible during the pool re-surfacing.
Look out at ocean, golf course, mountain and sunset views at Wai’ula’ula Estate. Part of the exclusive Uplands community at the Mauna Kea Resort, this luxury Big Island vacation rental is poised between gently sloping mountains on one side and lush fairways stretching toward the Pacific on the other. The beautiful setting, convenient location and three suite-style bedrooms mean you can use the villa for a golf getaway with friends, a family holiday on the Kohala Coast or a second honeymoon with your sweetheart.
You’ll approach the villa through the gates of the Hapuna Beach Prince Hotel and enter the house via a pergola-covered doorway in a stone wall. Step through the house and onto the private lanai to discover shaded outdoor sitting and dining areas, a sunny terrace lined with loungers and an infinity pool and hot tub facing the ocean. An outdoor kitchen with a wet bar and barbecue makes light work of meal prep. Guests of the villa also enjoy access to the shared infinity pool and fitness center at the Wai’ula’ula Amenity Center.
Thanks to a fold-away glass wall, the interiors of Wai’ula’ula Estate 411 feel like an extension of the outdoor spaces. Warm breezes flow through the open-plan great room, which has the same stone tile floors as the lanai and raised ceilings paneled with natural-fiber woven screens. Bamboo accent chairs, palm-print rugs and pillows and wingback-inspired dining chairs in cream, taupe and leafy green hues nod to Hawaii’s traditional style while keeping the look fresh and modern. The fully equipped kitchen continues the vibe with matching stone countertops and backsplash and state-of-the-art stainless steel appliances.
Each of the villa’s three bedrooms has an en-suite bathroom and opens to a terrace. The master suite has a king bed, ocean views and an indulgent al-fresco shower; a second bedroom also has a king bed and ocean views. The third bedroom has two twin beds and looks at the “mauka,” or inland, side, toward the slopes of the mountains.
Begin your stay with a flight to Kona International Airport, a 35-minute drive from the villa. Once you’ve come across the ocean to the Mauna Kea Resort, it’s only a 10-minute walk to the Wai’ula’ula Amenity Center and a 5-minute drive to Mauna Kea Beach, Hapuna Beach, the Hapuna Golf clubhouse and the Mauna Kea Golf Course and Resort. Visitors who make the 30-minute drive to Kua Bay Beach will be rewarded by soft white sand and clear water that’s great for snorkeling. Don’t leave the Big Island without at least a glance at the Mauna Kea summit trail, 60 miles away, or the often-active lava flows at Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, 100 miles away.
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1 – Master: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower and bathtub, Dual Vanity, Alfresco shower, Walk-in Closet, Television, Direct access to terrace, Ocean view
- Bedroom 2: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower and bathtub, Dual Vanity, Walk-in Closet, Television, Direct access to terrace, Ocean view
- Bedroom 3: 2 Twin size beds, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower, Television, Direct access to terrace
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Fully equipped kitchen with breakfast bar
- Ice maker
- Formal dining area with seating for 6
- Cable television
- Air conditioning
- Iron/Ironing Board
- Infinity swimming pool – unheated
- Hot tub – heating included
- Alfresco dining with seating for 8
- Wet bar
- Ocean view
- Sun loungers
- Gated community
- Driveway parking
SHARED ACCESS TO AMENITIES AT THE WAI’ULA’ULA AMENITY CENTER
- Included: Access to recreation center; Saline infinity pool – open daily from 6am to 10pm; Hot tub – open daily from 6am to 10pm; Fitness studio; Communal barbecue & outdoor dining facilities
SHARED ACCESS TO AMENITIES AT THE MAUNA KEA RESORT
- At extra cost (advance notice may be required): Access to beach club; 2 Fitness centers – classes at extra cost; Reduced golf & tennis rates
STAFF & SERVICES
- Extra cost (advance notice may be required): Housekeeping; Villa pre-stocking; Airport transfer; Activities and excursions
LOCATION – Points of Interest
- 10 minute walk to Wai’ula’ula Amenity Center
- 60 miles to Mauna Kea Summit Trail
- 100 miles to Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
- Beach Access
- 5 minute drive to Mauna Kea Beach
- 5 minute drive to Hapuna Beach
- Golf Access
- 5 minute drive to Hapuna Golf Course Club House
- 5 minute drive to Mauna Kea Golf Course and Resort
- 35 minute drive to Kona International Airport (KOA)
Luxury Villa: WAI’ULA’ULA ESTATE