Luxury Villa: VILLA LE SCALE
Open the gates to la dolce vita at Villa Le Scale on Capri. Not only does the exclusive seven-bedroom property boast a superb setting on Monte Solaro overlooking the Gulf of Naples, its recently restored interiors are a sublime mix of classic Mediterranean blue and white and clean, contemporary lines. Spend your stay relaxing in the villa’s lush gardens and let the staff take care of the details—the way its first owners, the noble Monti delle Corte, did—or explore the island’s gorgeous grottoes and beaches.
When you sweep through the gates to the villa, you’ll enter two acres of beautiful tiered gardens. Ascend a sweeping marble staircase to the front door or stroll past groves of ancient pines, a goldfish pond, bronze and marble sculptures, vine-covered gazebos and even a water-therapy course. At the back of the house, a tiered, sun-dappled terrace dotted with chaise longues and an outdoor dining area leads to a heated pool. Rinse off after swims in the al-fresco shower and, in the evenings, gather in the home theater or stay in touch via Wi-Fi. Your stay at Villa Le Scale includes the services of a talented head chef, as well as a butler and property manager.
Villa Le Scale dates from the early 19th century, and its stately white exterior reflects its original incarnation as the summer home for a noble family. It was recently restored and redecorated, however, by designer Jorge Cañete (who won an International Design Award for his work on the property), and the magazine-worthy interiors feature iconic modern pieces alongside carefully collected antiques. In the airy, arched living room, gorgeous tile forms the backdrop for velvety tuxedo sofas and mod lounge chairs, all in breezy shades of white and blue. A stunning relief and artwork are focal points in the formal white dining room, while silver chairs add a touch of glam. Though chef service is included, the villa does have a fully equipped kitchen.
There are five bedrooms in the main house of Villa Le Scale and two in the guest house; each hotel-worthy suite has an en-suite bathroom, air conditioning, satellite TV, linen sheets, and many open to terraces or patios. In the main house, there’s one bedroom with a king bed, three bedrooms with queen beds and one bedroom with two twin beds. Both of the bedrooms in the guest house have queen beds. Baby equipment is available for the youngest visitors.
Though the villa is exclusive and private, it’s just a 3-minute walk to a tennis court and grocery store, a 5-minute walk to a restaurant and a 7-minute walk to a church if you’d like to explore. By car, it’s 10 minutes to a clinic, hospital and the beach and a 52 km drive to the airport. Ask to arrange a boat tour of the Amalfi coast or, if you’re traveling elsewhere in Italy, take the 45-minute boat ride to Naples.
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Main House
- Bedroom 1: King size bed, En-suite bathroom with tub and shower, Air conditioning, Satellite television, Safe
- Bedroom 2: Queen size bed, En-suite bathroom with shower, Air conditioning, Satellite television, Safe
- Bedroom 3: Queen size bed, En-suite bathroom with shower, Air conditioning, Satellite television, Safe
- Bedroom 4: Queen size bed, En-suite bathroom with shower, Air conditioning, Satellite television, Safe
- Bedroom 5: 2 Twin beds, En-suite bathroom with shower, Air conditioning, Satellite television, Safe
- Guest House
- Bedroom 6: Queen size bed, En-suite bathroom with shower, Air conditioning, Satellite television, Safe
- Bedroom 7: Queen size bed, En-suite bathroom with shower, Air conditioning, Satellite television, Safe
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Fully equipped kitchen
- 220V electrical voltage
- Air conditioned bedrooms
- Satellite TV
- DVD player
- Media room
- Fitness equipment
- Hair dryers
- Baby equipment (Some on site – Others on request at additional charge)
- Swimming pool – heating included
- Jetted Tub
- Alfresco shower
- Outdoor furniture
- Alfresco dining
- Gated property
- Vegetable garden with fresh produce grown for meals served at villa
STAFF & SERVICES
- Included: Professional Chef services (Breakfast/lunch or breakfast/dinner only) (Food at extra cost); Waiter services; Full Housekeeping Staff ( 8 hours per day, 6 days per week)
- At Extra Cost – advance notice may be required: Villa pre-stocking; Activities and excursions; Laundry service; Italian lessons; Professional Chef services – for any additional service not included
- Closest airport: Naples Capodichino (30 minute drive to Naples Port)
- Ferries departing from Naples Port to Capri every 30 / 60 minutes
- Private boat transfers can also be arranged from the port
- Ferry connection from Capri to Amalfi, Salerno, Sorrento, Pasitano, Castellamare, Ischia
- Heliport: Damecuta heliport in Anacapri (10 minute drive from villa)
- 3 minute walk to tennis court and grocery store
- 5 minute walk to restaurant
- 7 minute walk to church
- 10 minute drive to:
- 45 minute boat ride to Naples
- Villa le Scale is one of the few remaining historic houses on the Isle of Capri. The villa dates back to the early 19th century and was once the summer home of the Barone Monti delle Corte, a family who represented the union of two royal families. Left abandoned and in disrepair for many years, Villa le Scale has been lovingly restored to its former glory by its current owner, an internationally renowned fine arts and antiques dealer. Maintaining a healthy respect for the past while keeping an eye on the future, the villa has been brought into the twenty-first century with care. Only the finest materials and laborious old world craftsmanship were employed in the restoration. The result is a villa which has become the luxury retreat of choice on the island.
Luxury Villa: VILLA LE SCALE