Luxury Villa: CASOLARE
A charming retreat tucked into the woods, villa Casolare is the perfect spot for a family vacation or romantic getaway. With its fairy-tale exterior and rural location, the three-bedroom house feels like a secret hideaway, yet is still close enough to the cities of Tuscany, like Pisa, Florence, Siena and Lucca, for day trips.
Just through the property’s gated entrance, you’ll find broad lawns, groves of shade trees and well-tended flower beds. A terrace off the dining room offers a table and chairs for al fresco dining, and a charcoal barbecue lets you cook outside, too. Terraced landscaping leads to the pool, which has its own sunny terrace. Even though Casolare looks like it came out of a storybook, the villa is air-conditioned and equipped with Wi-Fi.
Inside, the villa is elegant and modern, with warm, neutral walls and trim, traditional-style furnishings gathered around a fireplace and classic patterned drapes in the living room. The dining room has the same balance of stateliness and comfort, with a long table that seats eight, floral-upholstered chairs and a Murano-style chandelier for sparkle. In the kitchen, you’ll find a large range, modern appliances like a juicer and food processor, and sleek pale-wood cabinets and stone countertops.
Each of Casolare’s three bedrooms has a queen bed, en-suite bathroom and air conditioning. There are two bedrooms on the ground floor, and one bedroom on the third floor. (The living areas, along with the home’s main entrance, are on the second floor.) The bedrooms are decorated with more restful neutral tones, set off by antique chests, four-poster beds and even painted closet doors in one of the rooms.
Thanks to the villa’s location on a larger estate once owned by the bankers to the Medicis, there’s plenty to explore nearby on foot. It’s only a 5-minute drive to town, where there’s a restaurant, grocery store and seasonal truffle tastings and sales. A clinic and tennis court are 10 minutes away by car, and a hospital and train station are 15 minutes away. Play a round at the golf course, 20 minutes away, or spend a day at the beach, 45 minutes away. When it’s time to leave, the airport is a 35-minute drive.
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1: Queen size bed, Ensuite bathroom with tub and shower, Air conditioning, Safe
- Bedroom 2: Queen size bed, Ensuite bathroom with shower, Air conditioning
- Bedroom 3: Queen size bed, Ensuite bathroom with shower, Air conditioning
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Air conditioning (May to end of September)
- Heating system (October to end of April)
- Smart TV
- Wi-Fi access
- Baby equipment (upon request)
- Hair dryer
- Washer & Dryer
- Iron & Ironing board
- Swimming pool (12m x 7m)
- Outdoor furniture
- Alfresco dining
- Charcoal barbecue
- Electric gate
STAFF & SERVICES
- Included: Weekday housekeeping (1 hour/day except Sundays and Holidays); Weekday Manager; Pool cleaning and maintenance (2 times/week)
- Initial supplies:
- At Extra Cost – advance notice may be required: Villa pre-stocking; Activities and excursions; Excessive phone charges; Pool heating; Heating consumption; Additional housekeeping; Change of linen
- 15 minute walk to church
- 5 minute drive to:
- 10 minute drive to clinic and Tennis court
- 15 minute drive to hospital and train station
- 45.4 km to Cosmopolitan Golf & Beach Resort
- 64 km to Florence Airport
- Villa Saletta estate, once owned by the Riccardi family (bankers to the Medici), covers approximately 1,760 acres. In total, there are more than 20 old farmhouses on the estate, mostly dating back to the 1800s. Each one has its own story to tell, being unique and individual in size and location.
- Three of these farmhouses have been restored so far. Every restored villa has its own private grounds with electric gates, outdoor swimming pool, barbecue and comfortable shaded seating areas.
- Please note estate roads are not suitable for vehicles with poor ground clearance
Luxury Villa: CASOLARE